8 Simple Step To Remove Mold Infestations

Molds are a type of fungi which grow in dark, dry and moist areas.They also stink a lot. They can affect anything from walls to the ceiling to clothes. So be wary of any damp areas in the house. Ventilate your house well and periodically check for any leaks to prevent mold infestations. But if you are unlucky enough to have a mold infestation (Lets Remove Mold) to deal with, fret not, as the following steps can help you easily clean out the area.

Step 1: identify the mold infested areas. It is better to clean out all the areas at once. So if you happen to find one area which has mold growth, look for similar growths in other parts of the house as well.

Step 2: Gather and wear protective gear. Use face masks to prevent accidental inhaling of these spores. A lot of people are allergic to molds. Wear gloves to protect your hands from the harshness of the cleaning solutions. Wear old, used clothes and discard them after you are done cleaning out the molds.

Step 3: Use soap and water to scrub the infested area. Leave it on for about an hour and rinse it clean. Repeat if required.

Step 4: Spray the area with baking soda mixed with water. Leave it on for about an hour. You can choose to rinse it off or leave it on permanently. This will act as a deodorizer and will remove the stink of the molds. Baking soda will also help remove any remaining mold growths.

Step 5: Use stronger cleaning solutions like vinegar or borax if the infestation is bad.

Step 6: Clean the areas using baking soda solution every alternate day for about a week to prevent any regrowths.

Step 7: Air out the house after you are done cleaning it. Dehumidify and ventilate the house well to let out the dry musty air which caused these growths.

Step 8: If you find that removing the infestation is not possible despite all these steps, then call in for some professional services. They will be able to help you remove and disinfect the areas completely.

If the mold is inside a pipe or in the heating system, then do not use the pipe or the heating system, until the molds are cleared out. Using the heating system with the mold still inside can cause severe allergies and can prove to be hazardous to your health.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *